The aim of SilviLaser 2019 is to bring together researchers, scientists and practitioners from around the world to share their experience in the development and application of LiDAR to improve our understanding of forest ecosystem functioning and facilitate their sustainable management through improved forest assessment and inventory. It also aims to strengthen and develop new linkages between researchers, data providers, and product end users.
Themes and topics will cover a wide range of laser technologies, from terrestrial to spaceborne lidar, and their use across a diversity of forest and forested landscape applications.
Submissions are invited in, but not limited to, the following areas:
• Forest assessment and monitoring: including inventory, forest carbon, forest products, etc.
• Lidar for forest ecosystem modeling: including biodiversity, forest health, forest disturbance, etc.
• Fusion of lidar with other geospatial products/technologies for forest applications
• Global space-based datasets
• Emerging technologies: multispectral lidar, photon counting systems
• Additional 3-dimensional approaches to deriving forestry and elevation data
• Lidar in the classroom: educational approaches and initiatives for students of all levels
• Products / end users / user segment / operational issues
• Innovative and emerging applications.
Open date: Feb 18 2019
Deadline: May 31 2019
For more information contact:
Luiz Carlos Estraviz Rodriguez
Coordinator of the Organizing Committee
Department of Forest Sciences
Luiz de Queiroz School of Agriculture - University of Sao Paulo
Phone: +55 (19) 3447-6643 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org